Junior is learning about the beach in school right now. Since Junior can't visit the beach the beach will be visiting him for the next few weeks (if anyone has any great ideas for indoor "beach" activities I would love to hear them).

Still working on incorporating the beach into his reading activities but he did enjoy using ocean animals for math time.

His beach artwork, Junior thought it was very cool to put real sand on his picture

No trip to the beach would be complete without playing in the sand, and of course building a sand castle, in this case it looked more like a sand cottage. (we used moon sand)


Can you see the "sand" crab??? Junior loved the sand and making a mess was a big part of the fun. Can you imagine the mess we will make learning about waves.

I think I had as much fun as Junior did today, it was great to see his excitement over everything.
His health may keep him from going places but it doesn't have to keep him from having those same experiences, in just a little different way. It's all about living life to the fullest and Junior has that down.
A sleepy guy after his visit from the beach today. I think he might be enjoying riding in the lift, his own personal amusement park ride.

Mr. Goofball trying to giggle his way out of his neb treatment this evening.

Junior is having a hard time with his asthma this evening, our regular Tuesday asthma attack(mowing day at our apartment complex).
5 comments:
Heidi: Do you homeschool Junior? That's awesome if you do! I homeschool, too. Is that a Hoyer lift or a different one? Have a great day!
"His health may keep him from going places but it doesn't have to keep him from having those same experiences, in just a little different way."
I LOVE this thought. So true. You are a GREAT mom!!!
so cool yeah I have a idea called vamos a la playa which teaches spainsh if u want more let me know
Hiedi thank you for your comment on my blog you are so nice!! You are amazing how you take care of Junior and give him experiences like that!! I so look up to you!! You are such a great mom!!
Don't have too many ideas but you could always get a beach chair, shades and sea shells, make some smoothies. A craft you can make lei necklaces or tissue flowers and spray them with koolaid and a little water to color them.
Sorry I am not really crafty but the beach idea sounds like a ton of fun!! Hope you have a great day!!
What a great idea! Jojo has been to the beach 2x with not so good results. I'll post some pictures of his beach experience on his blog. Yet, although his Dad and I thought all the effort it took to get him to the beach was not worth it, Jojo still wants to go back! Sorry but I don't have much ideas to share, but I sure would borrow some of yours if you don't mind. Hugs to you both!
Post a Comment