This week we are having some strange weather, one day is hot the next is cool and windy.
Junior has actually been handling it quite well but this morning he had a tough time. He was one congested guy and was working hard to breathe. The hard work breathing caused his heart rate to go up and his temp as well so I was getting concerned. I typically would have looked at it as part of his asthma so no biggie but with the PICC line in any fever concerns me.
After a set of treatments and getting him on his bipap(he was tired out from clearing all that gunk) he was much better. Temp and heart rate are back to normal and he is back down to just a small amount of oxygen.
I told him he just likes to keep me on my toes, goofy kid thought that was very funny.
Such a difference with him on the Mucomyst, he is able to clear all that gunk out and recover much quicker from his asthma espisodes.
The weather is supposed to get hot tomorrow again but then cool this weekend so poor Junior may have a very long few days. At least now he tolerates the BIPAP so well that he can stay in it extra time this weekend if he needs to. Today he wanted it on after his asthma attack,wow, thats a new one, he usually can't wait to get it off. Junior even wanted it left on while he and Abigail worked on a craft. Smart guy, he has been like that with his nebulizer for quite awhile and will holler when he needs it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh little man. Get better!! No more weather related stuff. (Wouldn't it be great if we could control it?!?!)
It is so amazing to me how these precious ones learn to communicate exactly what they want. Curtis can speak, but still can't tell us any of his needs. We have to guess like he's a toddler. I am so glad Junior has that ability! God bless that precious boy! And, our weather is all over the place as well. It was 100 yesterday and 70 today.
What a smart guy to know what he needs. Sound about the weather. I've heard good stuff about mucomist - glad it's helping.
What a smart little guy you have there. I am so glad the new medicine is working! I remember the fears of any fever with a PICC line, so I'm glad it went down quickly!
Post a Comment